Epiphany (Oxford Hymn Settings For Organists)
|Publisher||OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS IN-PRINT TITLES|
EPIPHANY: OXFORD HYMN SETTINGS FOR ORGANISTS
20 original pieces on hymns for Epiphany, the Baptism of Christ, and The Transfiguration
- New settings for organ of all the major hymn tunes for the season
- Fresh, imaginative new pieces, written by a range of experienced organ composers based in the US and the UK, and displaying a great variety of styles and approaches
- Practical, concise settings for all parts of the church service - preludes, postludes, fanfares, communion settings
- Pieces suitable for busy church musicians at intermediate level working in all major denominations
- Some pieces also suitable for recital use
- Registration suggestions that can readily be adapted to suit most instruments with pedals.
- Companion Website featuring a cumulative index of hymn tunes and contributor biographies.
This major series provides a wealth of new chorale preludes and hymn settings suitable for all church organists. Themed by season, each volume presents inventive pieces, written by a range of experienced organ composers based in the US and the UK. With a host of accessible, quality new settings, and with pieces based on all the major hymn tunes, these volumes are a must for every church organist's library.
EDITED BY REBECCA GROOM TE VELDE AND DAVID BLACKWELL
Forces or Category
Easy to Moderately difficult
You may be interested in...
March - The Dambusters & The RAF March Past
Eric Coates & Henry Walford Davies