Bach Transcriptions For Organ
|Publisher||OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS IN-PRINT TITLES|
|Composer||J S Bach|
- A selection of varied repertoire by J. S. Bach in new arrangements for the organ
- 16 pieces from a cross-section of the master's instrumental and choral works
- Practical new transcriptions by a leading concert organist, suited to most organs
- Music suitable for all parts of a church service - preludes, postludes, and communion pieces - as well as recital repertoire and popular encores
- A host of well-known favourites, including the Badinerie from Orchestral Suite No. 2, the slow movement of the Double Violin Concerto, and the Pastoral Symphony from the Christmas Oratorio, as well as less familiar works
This collection presents a selection of varied repertoire by J. S. Bach in new arrangements for the organ. Bringing a wealth of popular pieces under the fingers and feet of intermediate players, the volume caters for all parts of a church service, as well as providing recital repertoire and popular encores. Taking its cue from the Baroque practice of transcription, and with the needs of modern players in mind, this volume presents a set of pieces with wide and varied use and makes a valuable addition to any organist's repertoire.
EDITED BY MARTIN SETCHELL
Retailers should order direct from OUP as we cannot offer trade discount.